Investing in Our Community
In my first six months in office, I have worked to be an effective and responsive advocate for my constituents. I am excited to share the results of that hard work.
Governor Gavin Newsom has signed the 2019-20 budget bill and it is with great pride that I can announce significant investments for Assembly District 74:
- $4.5 million for the Orange County Fire Authority, for an innovative pilot program to prevent devastating wildfires
- $2.9 million to end Veteran homelessness in Orange County, partnering with Orange County United Way (VIDEO)
- $2.9 million for the restoration of 17 historic cottages in Crystal Cove on the Newport Coast (VIDEO)
- $1.7 million for the City of Huntington Beach for the Multi-Use Blufftop Path Rehabilitation Project to restore two miles of publicly accessible trail along the coast
- $1.6 million for Irvine Valley College's music, dance and arts programs
- $1 million for the City of Costa Mesa's Lions Park to fund a children's playground & community stage
- $1 million for the Orange County Housing Finance Trust for the development of permanent supportive housing
- $500,000 for a permanent library building in the City of Laguna Woods
- $500,000 for the City of Newport Beach Arts Commission for arts education programs
I supported a number of other projects that will benefit our community:
- $2.65 million for primary care clinician psychiatry fellowships at UC Davis and UC Irvine Medical Schools
- $1.3 million to expand primary and emergency care residency slots at the University of California
- $642K for state hospital adult education programs, one of which is at Coast Community College District
- $10 million for the Discovery Science Center
- $1.7 million for Orange County Food Bank to provide diapers to low-income families
- $20 million for a Veterans Cemetery in Orange County
The California state budget is the culmination of months of work. The 2019-20 budget makes meaningful investments in education; climate resilience and wildfire preparedness; healthcare; and addressing the statewide housing and homelessness crisis.
As always, I hope you'll join us at one of our upcoming events:
July 18, 6 p.m.
Newport Beach Civic Center
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Senior Scam Stopper Event
July 26, 10 a.m.
Costa Mesa Senior Center
695 W 19th St
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
California State Assemblywoman, AD74
I am committed to being accessible and available. To stay up to date, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.