As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we are updating specific senior resources here.
VACCINE UPDATE (CURRENT AS OF JANUARY 15th)
CURRENT TIER: PHASE 1A
With the limited supply of vaccines, the County of Orange is following the State of California’s guidance and framework for fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
If you are in need of food resources, please know you are not alone, and there are organizations in Orange County, ready to help.
MEALS ON WHEELS, ORANGE COUNTY: 714-220-0224
Meals on Wheels delivers healthy, customized meals to Orange County Seniors.
GREAT PLATES DELIVERED: 714-480-6450
Register for this free restaurant meal delivery program with the
Orange County Office on Aging.
2-1-1 can connect you with resources and support. Just dial 2-1-1.
FRIENDSHIP LINE CALIFORNIA: 1-888-670-1360
Senior Californians can call and talk to a friend – something we all need in these times. This is a line for crisis intervention and non-emergency support.
VIRTUAL DMV: https://virtual.dmv.ca.gov/
The virtual DMV hub is available to all Californians, but especially seniors. Use the hub for title transfers, vehicle registration renewals, driver’s license extensions and other tasks which might have previously required an in-office visit.
Shopping Hours for Seniors
• Stater Brothers, 24336 El Toro Rd, Laguna Woods, CA 92637: Will open for seniors at 7:45 AM for seniors (65+) to shop. Regular hours begin at 8:00 AM.
• Mother's Market: 24165 Paseo De Valencia, Laguna Woods, CA 92653: Will open at 6:00 AM for seniors (60+) to shop. They will also offer free grocery delivery through Instacart (code: FREE4SENIORS).
For Seniors Across Orange County:
• Albertsons: ALL Albertsons locations will be open from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM every Tuesday and Thursdays, for the vulnerable community.
• Ralphs: ALL Ralphs will now be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM daily for seniors (65+), please call to confirm and bring ID
• Target: Target will be open an early every Wednesday for seniors. Please check your local locations for details.
• Whole Foods: Whole Foods has been opening an hour early for seniors, hour depending on location.
Please note: if you receive any of the following state services:
Medi-Cal health coverage
CalFresh food assistance
In-Home Supportive Services