COVID-19 has altered nearly every aspect of our lives and brought a halt to much of California’s economy. Looking forward, there is a lot of work that needs to be done to set California on a path to recovery.
As part of our legislative working group on economic recovery, I am focused on 3 critical areas:
- Stabilizing small businesses
- Creating good jobs & developing the CA workforce
- Investing in green infrastructure
Related Legislation includes:
- SB 74: Keep California Working Act – Invests $2.6 billion in grants for small businesses and nonprofit organizations that have experienced economic hardship resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. (2021-22)
- AB 265: Ensures the state retains high-quality jobs that help provide critical lab services in the fight against COVID-19 and other health crises faced by Californians. (2021-22)
- AB 593: The Golden State Innovation Act – Restores the Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit and Net Operating Loss (NOL) deductions for Life Sciences companies in California. (2021-22)
For more on this topic:
- RELEASE: What Others Are Saying About the Golden State Innovation Act
- RELEASE: The Golden State Innovation Act Introduced
- RELEASE: Bill Introduced to Keep Laboratory Jobs Based in California | Official Website - Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris
- 01.06.21 Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris to join state senators to 'Keep California Working'
- 01.01.21: SB 74 Press Conference: "Keeping California Working Act" | Official Website - Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris
- RELEASE: Key Assembly & Senate Working Groups Unveil Joint $100 Billion Economic Stimulus Plan | Official Website - Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris