As the situation around COVID-10 continues to develop, we'll have additional resources under this section, including employment resources and informational-sharing resources.
To date, the House has passed two COVID-19 stimulus bills, including a $2 trillion dollar package which will offer individuals a $1,200 stimulus check.
Please continue to check irs.com/coronavirus for more information, but until then, here's a basic overview.
If your employment has been impacted by COVID-19, please know that you can apply for unemployment benefits from the state. Thanks to Governor Newsom's March 12th Executive Order, the normal wait period for EDD has been waived.
There are also local agencies and employers who are now looking to hire in the area, to address urgent community needs, including:
- CVS announced that it plans to immediately fill 50,000 full-time, part-time and temporary roles in locations around the United States. The company says it will use virtual job fairs and interviews to hire store associates, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees and customer service representatives. See here for more information.
- Walmart said it plans to hire 150,000 U.S. hourly workers for its stores and distribution centers through the end of May. Visit their company career site here.
- Amazon alone is hiring thousands across California, please go here to find more information.
- Albertsons/Safeway is hiring more than 2,000 workers to help restock empty shelves.
- Ralph’s, Vons and Costco all were mentioned specifically for hiring in SoCal.
- Belmont Village is also hiring.
Please note: this office has no role in the hiring process. We are only sharing information provided by community partners.